Apply to the AFP
The Arabic Flagship Program welcomes talented undergraduate students of any major. A basic knowledge of Arabic is preferred, and the selection committee considers a potential student’s commitment to achieving Superior proficiency in Arabic as demonstrated by previous performance and class attendance, career plans that require Arabic, teacher recommendations, and overall academic talent.
- Full-time UT student in good standing
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Recommended minimum GPA of 3.33
A complete application for admission to the AFP consists of:
- Application form – please note: You will need to use your UT EID and password to log into Survey Station. If you do not have a UT EID, you may get one here: Get a UT EID.
- Statement of purpose
- Letter of recommendation with coversheet
- Transcript from current institution*
- High school transcript(s) for freshmen applicants only*
*Copies will suffice, and current UT students may submit an academic summary from the Office of the Registrar in lieu of a UT transcript.
Submit applications and questions to: