Living at Arabic House
Arabic House is a cooperative, co-ed and affordable living environment where dedicated Arabic students live together under an Arabic Language Pledge.
The mission of Arabic House is to create an immersion experience wherein residents can improve their Arabic language skills.
Arabic House is a modern and recently constructed duplex in the center of trendy Hyde Park. The duplex is spacious with vaulted ceilings, stained concrete flooring, modern appliances and cabinetry, and an outdoor garden patio with a grill. Incorporated into the living environment will be a host of cultural events including small group meetings with intellectuals, artists, and activists from the Middle East; authentic Middle Eastern dinners; film series; and Arabic Flagship Program student events.
Arabic House Highlights
- Spacious, furnished bedrooms with balconies*
- Single and shared rooms available
- Competitive monthly rent
- All bills and meals included
- Cable and Arabic satellite TV
- Located in trendy Hyde Park
- Convenient access to campus via UT shuttle and CapMetro routes
- Arabic immersion
- Cultural events
- Garden patio & BBQ
- Vaulted ceilings
- Modern appliances
- Resident parking
Eligibility & Application
- Current UT student
- Dedicated student of Arabic with a desire for immersion in Arabic language and culture
- Responsible tenant who functions well in a cooperative living environment
- Willingness and ability to comply with an Arabic Language Pledge, house rules & labor requirements
- Preference given to students with at least two years of Arabic study completed
We are not currently accepting applications.